David "Dave" Myers was the pillar of Los Angeles Fire Department’s ("LAFD") Construction Services for 28 years . Prior to his retirement from LAFD, he worked in various capacities as a plan reviewer, technical expert, and manager. His last position with LAFD was the Fire Protection Engineer in charge of Fire Life Safety Plan Check and Permitting, until he retired.
During his 28 years at the City of Los Angeles Fire Department, Mr. Myers was in charge of most major projects in the city of Los Angeles. The following are a list of a few projects that he handled:
- George Lucas Museum.
- Los Angeles Football Club (Soccer Stadium).
- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum renovations.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Terminal renovations, LAX new Midfield Satellite Concourse Terminal, and LAX Landside Access Modernization Project.
- Westfield Century City Mall renovation.
- Westfield Topanga Village Mall.
- Korean Air Tower (Wilshire Grand).
- USC Michelson Center for Convergent Bioscience building.
- Multiple new and/or “historical” high-rise buildings.
- Development of the current Los Angeles Fire Code.
- Development of the current Citywide Methane Ordinance.
- Development of the Fire Department’s Certified Unified Hazardous Materials Program.
- Mr. Myers has 28 years of experience in fire protection engineering, fire life safety systems, hazardous materials management, and a thorough understanding of the State of California’s Fire and Building Codes. He is experienced in interpreting and enforcing the State’s Fire & Building Codes, as adopted by the Office of the State Fire Marshal, and assisting architects, engineers, and developers with alternate methods of code compliance.
- Upon retirement, he joined Fire Protection Group, Inc. as a fire life safety consultant. And he is working side by side with his former boss, Retired Chief Al Hernandez of LAFD; and George Saadian.
- The Fire Protection Group, Inc. family is proud to have Dave a part of the team. With vast experience in LAFD rules and regulations and fire code, he can handle any fire life safety project consulting and entitlement for the clients of Fire Protection Group, Inc.